Friday, June 3, 2011

Goodbye darling.

I am at grief right now.

My 12 year old cat died, under my bed. She was a very old cat.. died of old age. And I feel terribly sad. No words could describe how I am feeling right now.

She was on old, old cat. Took her to the vet about a few weeks ago and the doctor said she was very very ill. And a 12 year old cat is equivalent to a 65 year old human.

Wow. Hear that Skip? You would've have been 65 years old if you were a human.

I couldn't stop crying ever since last night. I didn't realize losing her would be this hard. She was a part of the family. I grew up with her, ever since I was 11. And I'm 23 now. She was there when my sister got married, had my two nieces, my brother's wedding, my nephew was born. She was there through everything. She was even there when I went through my break up. Haih.

I'm in the office now and I can't seem to concentrate, losing Skip is so hard. I know some of you might say, hey. she's only a cat!

No. She's not. She's not ONLY a cat. She was a part of the family. She was with us for 12 years.

Skip was a very smart cat, it seemed like she had human emotions.. And she was sensitive.. somehow I felt that she really knew what we felt whenever we're sad or happy. Haih. She was bathroom trained. Once, she even tried to poop and pee on the toilet bowl! But it was too much of a hassle, so she went to the sink.

Haih. Remembering about her makes it harder.. and sadder.

Poor skip had to go through being sick for a few months..

But, I am at peace at the thought that she went peacefully, at home. And surrounded by her family. My sister and her girls even came to the house to say goodbye to Skip when I told her Skip's not doing too well.

At least you know that you were loved, sweetheart.

As I saw her lifeless body after pulling her out from under my bed, I couldn't hold my tears. My mom, my dad, my brother cried. She looked peaceful, like she was asleep. She still looked good even as a lifeless being.

You were always beautiful, Skip. Almost everybody that have met you before couldn't believe their eyes when I said you were 12. Yes, you were beautiful.

No more purring, no more shouting "Skip mana? Skip! Skip! Jom makan!", no more seeing her running, no more seeing her asleep on the bed, on the stack of newspapers, under the bed.. No more Skip.

I love you, sweetheart. You will always be in our memories and our hearts. I love you so much.

Skip
(1999-2011)


1 comment:

Aliaa Azman said...

Zaza dearest, i understand how u feel..i have 2 at home and yes,they're not just cat,they're part of the family:(

be strong ya.hugssss