Monday, January 16, 2012

My rocking obsession

Most little girls grow up with girl band songs, boy band songs.. but me? (thanks to my brothers!) I grew up with rock songs!

My love for rock music started when I was very little (4 or 5 maybe?). My brothers would expose me to classic songs from Search, Wings, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Metallica.. I listened to these rock songs everyday in their room and they would tell me about the bands and their songs. There had been numerous times I went into their room (while they were sleeping!) and watched concert tapes! Haha. Once, when I was 8, (I was being super stubborn cos I didn’t want to go to bed at all) my mom had to use Axl Rose’s name to get me sleeping. Hahaha. That bad!

Soo when I had the chance of watching Konsert Awie and Ella at Istana Budaya with my mom, dad and brother, I was excited. The starting of the show was fantastic – the bands played their guitars and drums and there I was, a 24-year-old to be, feeling like a giggly 6 year old. If it weren’t for Istana Budaya and my parents, I would have gone a bit frenzy.. (like I did at Pitbull’s concert) Hahaha.

Oh, the show was amazing! Awie and Ella were so greaaat and they sang their hit songs like Tragedi Oktober, Sembilu, Layar Impian, Ratuku.. My eyes were even teary cos their songs really struck me. Music always does this to me and I can get really sucked into a song (if it’s really good). My parents had fun too! Towards the end, Awie and Ella asked everybody to stand up and dance – and they did! (Well, my parents did not danced lah.. but they stood up and clapped and they were laughing and smiling! :D). Thank you concert people for making a wonderful show!!!! :)

What a way to celebrate mom’s birthday!

Happy 61st birthday mum.

I love you with all of my heart.

Adik.

No comments: