Monday, May 21, 2012

Bangkok Wonders

Initially my friend and I planned for a Hong Kong vacation (Disneyland!) But it was waay too expensive.

Then we thought about Korea, but... expensive too. 

So then we opted for Bangkok.

For a first travel experience with friends (cos usually I go on holidays with the family), I would say Bangkok was great! Our hotel was quite near to the Arab street - loads of Muslim food (Please try the Mutton Beriyani! So soft and juicy... Yummyyy!)

Anyhoots, I think I might be in love with their train system. So fast and so efficient! There were no delays, and took about 15 minutes to get from one end to another. It got me thinking: Why can't OUR train system be THAT efficient? 

No wonder the roads are all jammed up here: Each car has one person in it. For me personally, I would rather be stuck in a traffic jam than wait for the train. But I digress.  

Anyhoots, here are some pictures. Too lazy to upload. Heheh.

The Grand Palace at night.
The cremation ceremony day of the late Princess Bejaratana, King Bhumibol's cousin.
 Arghh I've been bitten by the travel bug. Where to go next? WHEREE?

Ok, bye!

No comments: