Monday, August 6, 2012

A Golden Heart

Yesterday's final badminton game was such a nerve-wrecking one!

Our dear Lee Chong Wei fought really hard against China's Lin Dan. I dare say that was the best badminton game ever. Ever. Ever.

I clapped and cheered when Lin Dan made errors and stood still (cringed and winced more like it) when errors were made from our side. I even had a mini heart attack when Lin Dan smashed. Boy he is one scary person :s

Eventhough the game ended with heartbreaks, it was good to see the outpouring of love for our beloved Lee Chong Wei. When Lin Dan scored the last point, I went silent and still. Like time stopped. Truth be told, I was on the verge of tears. So close, yet so so far.. If Lee Chong Wei had won, it would be our very first Olympic gold medal. Very first.

But let's not dwell on the 'what if' and 'if only' and let's show our love and support for our nation's hero. Indeed a hero Lee Chong Wei was!

I waited until the medal ceremony - just because I wanted to see the Malaysian flag waving proudly in the Wembley Arena. And I was very, very proud. I never felt we lost but won a medal instead. Despite it being silver, a medal is still a medal and I am so ever happy for that. :)

I love how sports have an effect towards people. I love how sports have an effect towards me. :')

"Silver in hand but Gold at heart."

Now that's more special isn't it?

We love you no matter what Dato' Lee Chong Wei! Malaysia Boleh!

A very proud Malaysian,
Aleza





No comments: