Monday, December 10, 2012

Coffee or tea, sir?

It's 12.00am and I am currently in front of my little pink notebook doing work.

Apparently if you're a journalist, it's a normal thing, working late at night but being a magazine journalist, the working time is a bit flexible. It could get crazy though, like this - bringing work back home.. Heck, even procrastinating by updating this blog makes me feel guilty but the brain needs to simmer down for a moment. Simmer with coffee, perhaps?

Now probably most of you would think that the ideal persona for a journalist is probably a person who sits in front of the computer, sipping a hot cup of coffee (maybe a cigarette in hand?) while typing their stories away.. But, sadly, those don't apply to me.

I don't spend my time in front of the computer (I tend to forget about the computer the moment I get home), I get nervous before an interview (okay, I'm running off topic here...), I don't smoke and I DON'T drink coffee.

Whaat? No coffee? WHY? WHY?

YES. As much as I hate to say this, my body rejects coffee. It makes me gassy (and you really can't stand gassy Aleza - I'm a frequent burp-er. It's gross, I know). I even threw up after drinking a cup of iced coffee last week after my friends and I went to this coffee shop. To make matters worse, I drank TWO cups of coffee. So I guess I found my limit. Yikes.

Pretty sad though cos my friends and I LOVE this coffee shop. And I can't drink coffee anymore.. So all I do now is just watch them sip away their cappucinos and lattes and me with my iced lemon tea. It's okay, I love iced lemon tea anyways.

With tea, I'm all healthy and happy. Hot tea, iced tea, tea with lemon, tea with raspberry, peach tea, tea with milk.. well you get the idea. I love the taste, I love the smell, I love how it makes me feel (so refreshed!).

They really need to stop romanticizing coffee and start loving tea more!

Especially for journos like me. Okay what.. journos and a cup of hot tea, typing away.. It could work.
 
I know it can.

Ooh look, it's almost 1am. So much for being productive. Har har.

Goodnight humanoids.

Signing off,
AleO.

No comments: