Thursday, June 20, 2013

World War Z!

Whoaaa.

Been almost a month since I last posted anything. Has it really been that long? I guess it has.. Well, to be fair, I was busy with the magazine and wrapping up for July. So now that everything's done (well, at least for this month), I finally have the freedom to relax. I even had a gif war with a friend in Facebook earlier to show how free I am. So right now, my head is full of moving, dancing pictures.. some disturbing ones too..
 
World War Z
(Image courtesy of the PR agency)

Anyway, any of you planning to go watch World War Z in the cinema? I suggest you go. NOW. I mean, seriously. Pick up your car keys and walk out that door and go buy tickets now! Because the movie is really, really awesome!

Two days ago, the colleague and I had the chance to catch the media screening of World War Z! Being parenting and baby journos, this was a HUGE bonus for us. We don't usually go to cool events like this cause mostly our events revolve around baby, mommy, health events (well, you get the idea) but sometimes we get cool invitations like this and my Chief Editor was kind enough to let us go and have fun.

And have fun we did. I don't really like spoilers, not even one bit. Heck, I don't even like watching trailers cause I feel it gives away parts of the movie so I tend to stay away from it most of the time (unless I'm in the cinema and they show trailers in there, which in that case, I can't run away from it). Well, all I can say about the movie that it was awesome. The pace of the movie was fast and there were no useless dialogues from the actors. And no useless conflicts too. And no useless icky, awkward kissing scenes. AND the zombies were super bad-ass.

Surprisingly, Brad Pitt was amazing. He really played out the dad/husband/hero character well. He wasn't that super strong, hair always in place, no injuries kind of hero but instead, he was really normal. A normal hero human being.

Oh crap, am I giving out too much? Ok, I'll stop here.

*zips mouth*

But in all seriousness, I highly recommend this movie. Even if you're not a zombie fan, YOU. HAVE. TO. WATCH. IT.

So after the movie, the media were treated to lunch (of course) and the LIVE! Experience of World War Z at Sunway Scream Park. The LIVE! Experience was okay. I can't say it was really scary (eventhough I screamed a lot! Haha. Yes, I'm a screamer!) but it was creepy. Zombies kept on popping everywhere. I even got disoriented at one point because of the turning mini bridge and I wanted to get out as soon as possible.

Not a bad experience for this parenting/baby journalist. Not bad at all.

Well, World War Z opens today in the cinema. And don't forget to WATCH IT!

Love,
AleO.  

No comments: